Celebrate Surf Shop Day on May 21
Surf Industry Members Association announces Surf Shop Day May 21
Celebration of Surf Shops Set To Take Place on May 21st
Surf Shop Day is the day to celebrate the independent retailers that helped build and continue to maintain the surf industry. These surf shops are where so many have found their surf stoke – the euphoric smell of surf wax, neoprene wetsuits, and resin curing from a fresh batch of surfboards.
Surf Shop Day will celebrate the heart and soul of our business and what it means to our industry and its growth, from the hardworking owners to the enthusiastic sales staff, to the relentless sales reps who keep the machine of stoke going for customers.
Retailers and brands are encouraged to find their own way of celebrating Surf Shop Day to bring positive attention to our culture, sport, and industry.
WHEN: Saturday, May 21, 2022
WHERE: All independent surf shops and surf brands across the United States and around the world are invited to join in this campaign and celebration.
WHY: Surf Shop Day will be a great tool to drive customers into surf shops across the country, creating awareness for the shops and products, and generate sales right before the busy summer months. A rising tide floats all surfboards.
To help stoke the imagination, the Surf Industry Members Association has a few fun suggestions on what shops, brands, reps, and industry members can do on this day of commemorating the heart and soul of the surf industry.
- Use these hashtags to amplify the story with your posts #surfindustry #surfshopday
- Tag @surf_industry and @surfshopday on your posts
DOWNLOAD THE SSD LOGO AT THE LINK BELOW:
- Included are images that can easily be used to build out your own campaign or just use ours
HOW TO CELEBRATE / ACTIVATE SURF SHOP DAY
Surf Shop Day is organized by the Surf Industry Members Association. Whether you’re a surf shop, surf brand, rep, pro surfer, or consumer, SIMA has some suggestions on what you can do to participate and activate on Surf Shop Day:
- Move shop branded products to the front and center of the store to highlight and market your property
- Release a new surf shop t-shirt for the Summer
- Invite a local musician to play in the story
- Hold a pro surfer appearance / signing / Instagram selfie session
- Partner with brands on co-branded products
- Encourage reps to visit and help on the sales floor
- Offer promotions or giveaways for customers who visit the store that day
- Promote heavily on social media to drive customers to the store that day
- Host a surf video watch-party
- Provide free coffee and bagels/donuts to first 50 customers in store that day
- Have staff drop off flyer at the local beach parking lot that week, encouraging customers to come by store that day
- Hold a surf contest at the local beach that day
- Set up a shop-branded step and repeat for customers to take selfies in front of – offer giveaways to best social media post