Surf Expo to Host Exciting Lineup of Events, Networking, Seminars and Features at January 2024 Show
Highlights include the 2024 Florida Shape Off, East Coast Surfing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Learning Labs on important business topics, and an Industry Party.
Surf Expo, the premier watersports and coastal lifestyle trade show, is offering a full roster of education, networking, and social events when it returns to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, Jan. 10-12.
The show will feature a robust lineup of 700 exhibitors, including nearly 100 new brands across the Surf, Bluewater, Shoreline, Boutique, Coastal Gift, Footwear, Paddle, Resort, Skate, Souvenir, and Swim categories. More than 4,500 retail buyers are expected to attend to discover new brands and products for their retail floors.
“In addition to providing an efficient platform for exhibitors and buyers to plan inventory buys for the coming season, Surf Expo is also a great way for attendees to learn new business skills, network during Happy Hours, and have fun with colleagues and new acquaintances at the Industry Party,” said Surf Expo Show Director and SVP Roy Turner.
The event lineup includes:
- The 2024 Florida Shape Off honoring Bill Frierson of Wave Riding Vehicles. The annual surfboard shaping contest and exhibition promotes the craft of hand-shaping surfboards. Shapers include Jordan Brazie, Lynn Shell, Scott Busbey, Brett Prinz, Jeremy McMahon, Nick Halleran, and Ryan Harris, who will each craft a board in a two hour period over the three days of the show. Winners will be announced on Friday, Jan. 12 at 1 p.m.
- The East Coast Surfing Hall of Fame Class of 2024 Induction Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 6 p.m. Ten new inductees will be recognized, and Surf Expo’s own Roy Turner will receive the Cecil Lear President’s Award for his industry leadership throughout his career.
- Learning Labs take place all three days of the show, on topics that include: Mastering Advanced Communication as a Business Owner; Secrets to Evolving and Growing a Family Business with the Glik Family, which owns more than 70 stores; the Fight for Florida’s Beaches in an Age of Rising Seas; Private Label and Shop-Branded Product Panel Discussion; and much more. See the full schedule here.
- Attendees can let their hair down after a long day on the show floor at the Industry Party featuring live music by Karalyn and the Dawn Patrol on Thursday, Jan. 11 from 6-8 p.m. on the Surf Expo Concourse. It’s the perfect place to grab a beer, catch up with friends, and make new industry connections.
- Other events include many Happy Hours on the show floor beginning at 4 p.m. each day, two fashion shows on the main stage daily featuring the hottest looks in swim, resort wear, and boardsports apparel, a Post-Show Networking Mixer on Wednesday, Jan. 10 from 6-7 p.m., and much more.
“Surf Expo will feature an incredible lineup of exhibitors and retail buyers, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone to Orlando in a few short weeks,” Turner said.
Registration is free for qualified buyers who register by December 27 (after Dec. 27 there will be a $25 fee to register). Qualified buyers can register to attend here or head to Surfexpo.com for more show information, including the full exhibitor list and floorplan.
About Surf Expo
Surf Expo is the largest and longest-running watersports, beach, and resort lifestyle tradeshow in the world. Produced twice annually in January and September, Surf Expo draws buyers from stores across the U.S., the Caribbean, Central and South America, and around the world. The show features hundreds of apparel and hardgoods brands and a full lineup of special events, education opportunities and awards ceremonies. Surf Expo is a trade-only event. Visit www.surfexpo.com.com for more information about the upcoming show Jan. 10-12, 2024, in Orlando, Florida.
Emerald’s talented and experienced team grows our customers’ businesses 365 days a year through connections, content, and commerce. We expand connections that drive new business opportunities, product discovery, and relationships with over 140 annual events, matchmaking, and lead-gen services. We create content to ensure that our customers are on the cutting edge of their industries and are continually developing their skills. And we power commerce through efficient year-round buying and selling. We do all this by seamlessly integrating in-person and digital platforms and channels. Emerald is immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. As true partners, we create experiences that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. For more information, please visit www.www.emeraldx.com.com