Mud Pie Celebrates 30th Anniversary
30 years of inspiring life’s finer moments with gifts, décor and apparel
STONE MOUNTAIN, GA (January 4, 2018) – Mud Pie rings in the new year, celebrating its biggest milestone to date – 30 years as a business in the wholesale gift industry.
Mud Pie has experienced tremendous growth since it was founded in 1988 by current visionary and CEO, Marcia Miller. The humble beginings of the brand started with no warehouse, three employees, ten licensed terracotta figurines and a one page catalog printed at a local photo store. Today, Mud Pie has 160 employees, 13,000+ items in Home, Kids and Fashion, and 750+ catalog pages with thousands of professionally shot product images.
The company’s success is built on its reputation for high quality, value-driven products and a commitment to serve as valued business partners to retailers. Mud Pie prides itself on offering retailers the tools they need to sell their products:
- Assigned customer service and credit support teams to assist retailers
- Product photos and videos available for retailer marketing
- Merchandising, training, social media, and brand videos
- Lifestyle partnerships with nationally known influencers
- 360,000 social media fans
- A wholesale website with features such as:
- Online invoice payment
- Shipment tracking information
- Order history from up to 2 years prior
- Product descriptions with care instructions, measurements and inventory levels (online)
Mud Pie introduces additional enhancements for 2018
- An updated logo and brand guidelines to reinforce the brand across all channels
- An automated distribution system, coming to the warehouse in Spring 2018, which will substantially increase Mud Pie’s distribution capacity and speed delivery to stores.
- The launch of the OneCoast Mud Pie Fashion Division, a specialized team of experts to serve as stylists help retailers build the right assortment for their stores.
Mud Pie has used its success to give back, supporting the March of Dimes, the American Cancer Society and other worthy causes through monetary donations and gifts. The company has donated $650,000 to the March of Dimes since 2013, with an additional commitment of $150,000 in 2018 and has supported the American Cancer Society with a $100,000 donation in 2017 and 2018.
Throughout its 30 years in business, both Mud Pie and Miller have received national attention:
- REA Supplier of the Century Award Finalist
- Two mentions on Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-growing, privately-help companies
- Six Earnie Awards, including Company of the Year in 2015 & 2016
- Two ICON Honors
- Nomination for EY Entrepreneur of the Year
Mud Pie looks to set another record-breaking year to celebrate its 30th anniversary by continuing to focus on products and services that add inspiration and joy to everyday celebrations.
About Mud Pie
Mud Pie is a lifestyle brand that creates delightful gifts to inspire all of life’s sparkling moments. The company began in 1988 with 10 living items and has since grown into an award-winning manufacturer of baby & kids apparel, fashion & accessories, and home décor pieces, all designed to celebrate life’s special moments. Mud Pie is based out of Stone Mountain, GA and is available in over 16,000 specialty retailers and department stores worldwide. For more about Mud Pie, visit https://wholesale.mudpie.com. Mud Pie…because very day is a gift.
# # #
678-937-9696 ext. 199