In these difficult times of uncertainty, here is a list of resources to help support your business. As new programs emerge, we will continue to update this page so be sure to check back often. Also be sure to check out health and safety measures for the September Surf Expo here.
WEBINAR RECORDINGS AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
View Surf Expo’s partner webinar library. click here.
- Re-engineering Your Social Media Strategy Because of COVID-19 from RetailX
- Shaun Tomson’s The Code to Connect – Inspire and Engage Your Remote Teams In This New Era of Social Distancing
- The Marine Retailers Association of the America webinar recordings:
- NMMA, the National Marine Manufacturers Association Webinar on How the $2 Trillion Stimulus Package Helps Boating Industry Businesses, View Webinar. Download the slides.
- Procopio’s Labor & Employee Team Answers to the Questions Employers should be asking regarding COVID-19
- Procopio discussion on how business insurance can help cover losses related to COVID-19
- With rent being one of the highest monthly expenses for brick and mortar retail businesses, it’s a good idea to approach the subject of temporarily altering the structure of your agreement. The Art of Landlord Negotiation to Ease the Highest Monthly Expense In Retail”
- Retail in a Post-Pandemic World: Adjusting to the ‘Connected Economy’
RESOURCES FROM OUR ASSOCIATION PARTNERS
- BRA’s Covid-19 Resource Guide
- BRA is offering a free membership
- Rent Relief Letter Template- First and foremost, you should get in touch with your landlord and ask for some rent relief. To request a customizable form letter template and links to relevant articles to back up your position, please email email@example.com
- SBA Program Comparisons: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) – This comparison chart is very helpful
- WSIA’s Resources for Covid-19 including new best practices for sanitizing, health declaration forms and more.
- Social Distancing When Boating
- How to Sell in Today’s Environment with Sam Dantzler (3/24)
- How to Adjust Your Service Business with Valerie Ziebron (3/25)
- How to Market During the Coronavirus Pandemic (3/26)
- MRAA- Marine Retailers Association of the Americas COVID-19 resources
From Trade Only Today News– Take Action Now– a no holds barred look at the problems marine retailers face with the pandemic and actions they should consider.
Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) – COVID-19 Resources for the Outdoor Industry
National Retail Federation – Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
OSHA – COVID-19 Information
Offering free daily emails with the latest news from the industry. Click visit shopeatsurf.com
Seaside Retailer, the business magazine for beach, coastal and nautical retailers is tracking the latest developments on the coronavirus’ impact on retailers and wholesalers and sharing advice and tips on how to best navigate during this crisis. Stay up to date on coronavirus-related industry information at www.seasideretailer.com/coronavirus.
- Rising to the Occassion: Retailers and Wholesalers Responding in Time of Need – April 15, 2020, Click to read.
- Need Some Help Steering Your Business? – April 15, 2020, Click to read.
- Coping with COVID-19: How Seaside Retailers are Responding – March 20, 2020, Click to read